Every year on this day, I get asked this question while I'm lying in bed half asleep. I don't know why he asks, he always makes both :)
A couple of minutes later I hear my husband pull out of the driveway. I know where he's going. He's off to buy all the fixins' for making me a special breakfast for Mother's Day.
I'll be in bed pretending to be asleep, I'll hear the pots and pans being pulled out of the cabinets and hear him whistling one of his favorite tunes, usually something from the 60s. He'll call me down and tell me breakfast is ready, and I'll make my way downstairs and see a stovetop covered with food and a beautiful floral arrangement in the center of our dining room table. My husband will be standing there with a smile on his face that goes from ear to ear.
This is one of the days that I truly love his predictability. I love this man!
For all the moms and moms-to-be out there, enjoy your day!
May 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
how very sweet!!! you've got a good man there.
Post a Comment