CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 23, 2011

Friendships and best friends...





Sometimes you’re fortunate to have the real thing, and sometimes you have something that somewhat resembles it. It seems and feels like friendship, but is it? Is it give-and-take? Is it one-sided?  It's often hard to find and form solid friendships in the mobile culture we live in.  So tell me...are you fortunate enough to have an equally balanced and healthy relationship with your best friend?
            I know there are lots of questions in this post...but I’ve been wondering, have I ever really had a “true” best friend?  Now I’m not talking about a friendship with the person you're married to or in a relationship with…I’m talking about a friend you made in grammar school , high school, or even college and knows the best and worst parts of you and you are still without doubt friends.
            For those that do have a solid friendship….what is it about that particular friend that keeps your relationship going strong?

3 comments:

Anonymous

Okay well...I had a nice long comment but I lost it. Grr.

Anyways, I have known my best friend for 13+ years. We met in 6th grade and have been friends ever since. She is the only one that has stuck with me and supported me through the good AND the bad. I have had friends in the past, but they were fair weather friends. They did really care about me as a person.

I think the reason that my best friend and I work so well is because we never talk down to each other. We criticize but support each others mistakes. We go a few days without talking to each other, in lieu of fighting, and then can come back and talk about the situation like it was between two completely different people. She knows me better than my parents, and even better than my husband does.

We share interests, but we can also enjoy things separately that the other person may not care for. We balance each other out.

Semper Fi Momma

what is it....

Honesty maybe? But you can't just have that and all of a sudden say you have one of those best of the best friendships. I have a bestie. Someone who knows me, all the way down to my core. The good, bad, and super ugly. And? Vice Versa. Some days it's more take than give from one end or the other, but in the end it probably all evens out.

I can't exactly put my finger on it. I know they take time to build, but there is also that spark or connection that you feel immediately that says this could be 'one of those' friendships.

Joan

I've been questioning this myself lately. I have a "best friend", but recently, I'm the one putting in all the work. We've known each other since 7th grade, so I'm hoping with work through this rough patch!

Post a Comment