I love it! What an awesome way for us milspouses and significant others to get to know one another. Kudos to "Wife of a Sailor" for starting this.
To participate weekly just go here: http://wifeofasailor.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/milspouse-friday-fill-in.jpg
1. How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?
It's a very, very long story, but I'll try to give the "cliff notes" version of it :)
I was dating someone at the time and I was at his house, he had company and I was going around the house introducing myself to all the other guests....I introduced myself to "him" , he shook my hand, and didn't bother looking at me. Man did he rub me the wrong way, I spent the entire night giving him the "evil eye." I even went home that night and told my roommate about the rude jerk that I met.
The relationship I was in ended a couple months later, a friend of mine "C" who was deployed e-mailed me and offered to set me up with a "friend." I kept turning him down, wasn't interested at the time. Once C returned from deployment, he showed me some of his Hong Kong pics and there he was...the "rude jerk" standing next to C....OMG! Small world, right?!? I immediately said "Hell NO!"-just being honest, and that was the end of discussion.
While in Fallon, my C kept calling and asking me to go out with his friend-" nope, not gonna happen" is what I would say. Little did I know that I was on speaker and that his "friend" was sitting next to him each and every time I said no!
D'oh! how sneaky was that! lol
Fast forward to several weeks later, C was interested in dating my friend "M", and he asked me to call her and ask if he could have her ph. #....I called and she said she'd consider going out with C but on one condition, that I went along too, on a double-date. WOW! Who was I going to take?!? I was single at the time. So I let C know the deal and he offered to set me up with his 'friend'.
Wow, this was longer than I expected. Anywho, the 4 of us all went to dinner, bowling, and then dancing....Anyway, C and M only went on that first date.....and 5 years later I'm married to the "rude jerk" :) Meeting him officially for a second time, I was surprised with how bashful he was....a complete 180 from when we first met! C even retold that story during his wedding toast to us :)
Moral of the story: You can't always go by first impressions! lol
2. What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?
I'm very proud of my husband and thankful for his service, which in turn has made me so much more appreciative of the service of all past and current servicemembers and veterans. I know make it a point to "pay it forward" in anyway I can, whether it's a smile and a handshake thanking them for their service or a simple letter to an unknown soldier who is currently deployed.
3. What is the hardest thing about being a MilSpouse?
While hubs is on sea duty, the loneliness when he's away for whatever reason.... and currently while on shore duty, feeling disconnected on shore duty and not having a base just down the road makes it difficult to access services or resources. I so want a commissary near me! lol
4. What is your favorite dish?
That's a toughie, I just LOVE casseroles...It's hard for me to narrow that down :) I'll be sure to come back and list it when I can decide :)
5. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
Another tough one, I have several but this is what came to me first this morning.
I'd love to see women be treated as "equals" worldwide. It may sound unrealistic, but I'd love to see women from all walks of life, cultures, races, creeds,etc have the opportunity and freedom to able to live their lives successfully and reach their maximum potential in whatever personal, educational, and professional pursuits they wish to accomplish.
June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I guess you never know who will end up being the love of your life. Stonewall wanted to meet me about 6 months before I even knew about him. However, it was through my dad that Stonewall knew about me and my dad was like, "Ain't gonna happen pal." Hahaha! Luckily, my dad finally caved and introduced us.
Oh my gosh! Your how you met story is so funny! Thanks for participating!
I love your story of how you met. I didn't like my hubby when I first met him either. He laughs now because I told him to his face that I didn't want to date him because he was a "skeevy perv". He did change, but he still thinks it's funny.
wow, what a lesson about first impressions you told about how you met your husband. I'm sure it's funny looking back :)
Post a Comment